Date published: 3-Jan-2022
Valuation Senior Associate / Vice President
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $54.2 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About the Position
Fortress Investment Group is seeking a Senior Associate / Vice President within its Credit Funds business. The Senior Associate / Vice President will cover private valuations for investments in real estate, corporate debt & securities, structured finance products, and private equity investments.
· Assist in the monthly valuations of the Credit Funds’ investments.
Provide leadership and guidance towards valuing companies, businesses, and securities.
· Coordinate the receipt of monthly valuations from asset managers.
· Review internal valuations with asset managers to understand movements in valuations.
· Assist in the on-going analysis of the portfolio by reviewing complex financial models, key valuation assumptions and performance indicators, and tracking significant events for each asset
· Review cash flow projections and exit assumptions for preparation of quarterly investor letters
Compile valuations and supporting information and prepare summary packages to be reviewed by senior management and pricing committee.
Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues and third parties (including Credit Funds senior management, asset management, fund accounting, auditors, and third-party valuation agents)
Ability to represent the Valuation function in various internal and external multi-team discussions, including investor facing communications with topics related to fair value process, methodologies, topical valuation themes, and current valuation marks
· The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of relevant experience with a private valuation background
· Must have experience with private valuations (debt and and/or equity valuations)
· Bright, quick learner, reliable, self-motivated
· Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment
· Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
· Working knowledge of Bloomberg and Wall Street Office is preferred
· Big Four valuation, independent valuation consultants, and/or alternative asset management experience is a plus
· CFA designation a plus
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.