Systems and Desktop Engineer
New York, York
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $45.8 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2022. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About the Position
We are seeking a highly skilled Desktop Engineer with experience in automation and some exposure to development concepts. As part of the Systems and Desktop Engineering team, the engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the company's desktop infrastructure. In addition, you will work closely with other engineering and application development teams to help design and maintain frictionless user experiences across the environment. The Ideal candidate will work 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely after the training period. From time to time, the business may necessitate more days in the office.
• Design, build, deploy, and maintain enterprise Windows desktops in physical and virtual environments.
• Develop and maintain tools that improve, automate, and manage desktop and server deployments, configuration, and updates.
• Work with application owners to package and deploy software solutions to desktops and servers.
• Troubleshoot and resolve operating environment-related issues, including hardware failures, software malfunctions, degraded services, and network connectivity problems.
• Evaluate new hardware and software solutions to ensure compatibility with our existing infrastructure, security, and business requirements.
• Manage and enforce desktop security and compliance.
• Create and maintain technical documentation for desktop infrastructure, including procedures, guidelines, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Act as level 3 escalation point for support teams, owning the problem until resolution.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of experience in Windows desktop design, implementation, and maintenance.
• Experience with application packaging and deployment.
• Experience with scripting and systems automation.
• Experience in the implementation and maintenance of endpoint security technologies in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Microsoft cloud technologies, such as Office 365 and Azure, is a plus.
• Proficiency in programming languages such as PowerShell, Python, or C#.
• Experience with Microsoft deployment tools such as SCCM, Endpoint Management (Intune), or MDT.
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Citrix.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for desktop engineering and automation, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for career growth and advancement within the company.