Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading global investment manager with approximately US $44.4 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2022. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term.
About the role:
Fortress Investment Group, a leading global investment manager, is looking for an experienced and talented Systems Engineer to join our team in the IT Infrastructure division. The Systems Engineer will possess experience in the core technical skills required. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with strong troubleshooting skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
The Systems Engineer will:
• Work with various teams to move and implement systems and workloads to cloud-based platforms.
• Assist with the firm’s cloud transformation posture.
• Work in a team environment to maintain systems globally in a 24x7 environment.
• Work to identify and remediate security incidents and vulnerabilities.
• Plan, manage and execute technical projects to meet business needs.
• Automate and troubleshoot a wide range of Infrastructure tasks
• Assist IT support staff with research, resolutions, and support as needed
• Evaluate current systems and recommend improvements from a technology and security standpoint.
• Research new methods for enhancing performance, reliability, optimization tuning and capacity planning
• Design, implement, and support Microsoft based solutions.
Core Technical Skills:
• Experience with Azure concepts, services and O365 based technologies.
• Experience implementing solutions in a hybrid environment.
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems and deployment methods.
• Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware desirable)
• Virtual Desktop deployment knowledge (VMware Horizon, Citrix, Amazon Workspaces etc.)
• Scripting/Coding skills (PowerShell, Python etc.).
• Citrix XenApp application solutions
• Active Directory and related technologies (Sites, Replication, Kerberos, Group policy, DFS)
• Knowledge of application deployment processes
• Knowledge of BCP principles (Backup, Disaster Recovery etc.)
Additional Desired Skills:
• Knowledge of Infrastructure security principles and responsibilities.
• Knowledge of hardware desktop and server technologies, (Cisco UCS, Dell, HP etc.)
• Knowledge of system management (SCCM etc.).
• Knowledge of capacity planning and performance measurement techniques
• Knowledge of backup methodologies and procedures including cloud backup
• Technical knowledge of TCP/IP and network services such as DHCP and DNS
• Knowledge of common Microsoft Server products (i.e. SharePoint, IIS, SQL)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3-5 years of experience working as an Engineer in a high intensity environment; financial services experience/exposure preferred but not required.
• A college degree or equivalent certifications/work experience
• Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to learn and implement new and evolving technologies
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including on call rotation) according to business requirements
• Ability to organize and prioritize workflow to meet established timeframes
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Desire to continuously update knowledge of new and emerging technologies