Fortress Investment Group is a leading global investment manager with approximately $53.0 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2022. Fortress offers a range of alternative and traditional investment strategies for institutional and private investors around the world. Founded in 1998, the Company seeks to provide its investors with risk-adjusted returns in a management structure that closely aligns the interests of investors and managers. Fortress has continued to evolve from a dedicated private equity investment firm to a diversified asset management company.
About our Credit business
Our Credit business is a leading, global alternative investor, managing assets on behalf of many of the world’s most prominent and sophisticated allocators, including public and private pensions, sovereign wealth funds, large institutions and private clients.
Our overriding objective is to protect and grow our investors’ capital, applying the discipline, rigor and expertise honed through decades of investment experience through a full range of market, economic and credit cycles and across asset classes, structures, geographies and industries.
About the position
The business and IT teams in the Fortress Credit Funds group currently use various proprietary and third-party vendor applications to support the LP and Fund Accounting business processes to manage the funds. Investran is the key application for fund/LP accounting along with few custom developed applications to manage process like partner transfers, investor calls/distributions and financial reporting. The business also uses a proprietary algorithm that calculate ownership of investments at the fund level for various allocations and look-through reporting. This is a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to gain exposure to multiple teams and manage a variety of project deliverables.
The Business Analyst will be working mainly with the Accounting business and IT teams in the following
- Meet and follow up with the business users to gather requirements
- Document business and IT requirements and create flow charts/diagrams
- Collaborate with the IT app dev team to propose and brainstorm new functionality or logical solutions
- Take on projects and manage tasks for the IT team
- Work with users and IT support to close out daily support tickets
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience and knowledge in the finance industry, especially data
- analysis, data transformation, and comparisons using Excel, SQL, or other tools
- Willingness to dig deeper into business data issues and question the business process
- Ability to work independently and keep users engaged
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management skills
- Being organized, detail oriented, and methodical
- Relevant academic degree in computer science and/or accounting