Sales Associate, Capital Formation Group
New York, NY
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
The successful candidate will join a highly regarded alternative assets manager to support and enhance capital raising efforts across the firm. He/She will work with senior members of the firm’s Credit Capital Raising Team and will be expected to work in a highly collaborative and professional manner to help drive sales and enhance existing client relationships.
• Support the senior sales team to execute and elevate business development and client engagement strategies across a suite of alternative investment products.
• Partner with and support the senior sales team to identify prospective clients and develop cross-selling opportunities with existing clients.
• Participate in new investor outreach efforts.
• Assist with continuous client requests to ensure the firm is responsive to client needs, is strengthening existing client relationships and creating solutions-based outcomes.
• Develop a deep understanding of products and offering documentation.
• Work closely with the firm’s investment professionals to prepare quarterly fund and market updates.
• Create reports on competitive landscapes and industry trends.
• Manage effective roadshow strategies and ensure tracking and reporting metrics are put in place to measure follow-up and success.
• Utilize the CRM database to maximize client and prospective client activities.
• Manage marketing activity metrics and reporting.
• Contribute to the development of tools and processes to enhance marketing initiatives.
• Support product leads with the management and optimization of capital raising campaigns.
• Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a commercial mindset.
• Collaborative team player with the capability to work in a fast paced, results-oriented team.
• Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge and utilization of Excel.
• Broad market awareness with the ability to obtain and retain detailed knowledge of various complex investment strategies. Credit experience preferred.
• Well-developed relationship management skills and ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and deadline driven. Ability to multi-task is critical.
• High degree of personal and professional integrity.
• 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
• Business development and sales experience
• Strong academic credentials
• Series 7 & 63 preferred, but not required