Date published: 7-Jun-2021
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $53.1 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. As of December 31, 2020, we had approximately ~840 asset management employees and ~220 investment professionals, at our headquarters in New York and our affiliate offices around the globe.
About the Position:
This position will assist the Operations team in allocating, accruing and processing invoices/expenses across the firm; reporting to management on overhead expenses. The ideal candidate will have some accounts payable and/or accounting experience. The candidate will also need to possess strong interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills. Additionally, to be successful, the right candidate must be a team player with strong customer service orientation.
• Responsible for daily invoice processing and proper invoice expense allocations
• Daily review of invoice approval process status & invoice payment status
• Contributes to the monthly close process by reviewing accounting reconciliation reports to ensure invoices were processed or accruals were booked properly
• Assist in monthly accrual process
• Interact with Accounting, IT, and business managers to determine the correct allocation of expenses within the appropriate entity, business and account
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-2 years of experience in AP and/or Accounting preferred
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially with Excel and Outlook are required
• Exemplary organization and time management skills along with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with Senior Management
• Self-motivation and ability to be adaptable
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.