< Back to job list
NRZ Treasury Operations Associate
Permanent Capital Vehicles
Date published: 21-Jan-2022
New Residential Investment Corp. (NYSE: NRZ) is a publicly traded real estate investment trust focused on opportunistically investing in, and actively managing, investments primarily related to residential real estate. The Company is managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC (“Fortress”), a global investment management firm.
About The Position
The Treasury Operations Associate will support the treasury & accounting department. The Treasury Operations Associate must have the ability to absorb concepts quickly, possess a strong work ethic, have excellent organizational and communicational skills, be systematic and careful in his/her work execution and be able to perform well independently and as part of a team.
- Work directly with Prime Brokers for processing and settlement of Asset and Repo trades.
- Perform nightly risk run for Treasury Operations, sending out expected variation margin across our Interest Rate Swap, TBA and RMBS portfolios.
- Confirmation and allocation of all Interest Rate Swap, TBA, Agency and Non-Agency RMBS and Repo and Reverse Repo trades.
- Calculation and instruction of pair-off/wire amounts related to repo activity.
- Manage daily Margin Call process – review and propose agreements/disputes on call amounts, track, and book collateral movements.
- Track and reconcile monthly P&I on the RMBS portfolio.
- Initiate daily wire transactions in Kyriba and assist with managing intra company liquidity.
- Perform daily analysis and maintenance of cash sheets and account balance reconciliations.
- Support the New Residential Investment Corp. accounting team by assisting in classifying incoming and outgoing cash to ensure proper coding allocation within the General Ledger.
- Research and troubleshoot any failed payments.
- Conduct Ad Hoc reporting to assist the Front Office
- Engage with Internal/External Auditors to provide necessary support for SOX compliance.
- 3-7 years of experience in a similar role in financial services
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel (including but not limited to vlookups, pivot tables and complex formulas)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.