Data Operations Analyst
New York, NY
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $53.1 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About The Position
The Data Operations Analyst supports treasury and trading desk operations through loan data extraction, mapping, loading and analysis. Requires extensive interaction and collaboration with Technology.
- Coordinate the receipt and loading of portfolio data into data and modeling systems.
- Develop reports to enhance data quality and portfolio analysis.
- Operate and streamline end-to-end data acquisition, loading, extraction, manipulation, analysis and interpretation process.
- Run and modify SQL scrips and queries to validate and analyze monthly subservicer invoices.
- Provide and reconcile loan tapes to debt counterparties and trustees to facilitate monthly debt rolls
- Improve upon current manual treasury and operations processes.
- Ensure data and reporting formats and quality checks are standardized and documented.
- Support ad-hoc data analysis or reporting needs from multiple departments.
- General knowledge of mortgage servicing, financial or statistical related knowledge.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel (including but not limited to vlookups, pivot tables and complex formulas).
- Knowledge of SQL or other database querying tools.
- Solid quantitative skills – familiarity with VBA, SQL, Excel, Tableau
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to understand business unit roles, functions and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and assimilate new ideas.
BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or similar field and/or relevant industry experience in data analysis.