Permanent Capital Vehicles, Private Equity
Date published: 23-Feb-2022
Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis
Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure LLC (NYSE: FTAI) is a Limited Liability Company in the FIG Private Equity business which focuses on purchasing assets that are essential to the transport of goods and people globally. FTAI’s strategy is to acquire assets and lease them to major operators of transportation and infrastructure networks. The fund focuses on equity investments, acquisitions, and other investment opportunities. FTAI invests across all sectors (aviation, infrastructure, intermodal, ports, etc.) and asset types. FTAI is a publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange and raised both public debt and equity multiple times. The Company will seek additional follow-on equity/debt offerings to fund the company’s growth strategy. The Company’s long-term plan is to grow the portfolio significantly over the coming years.
The Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for performing all forecasting, financial planning, and assisting Chief Financial Officer. The Vice President, FP&A will be responsible assisting with day-to-day operations and works closely with the Controller to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timely reporting of the financial data for all the company’s internal and external requirements. The Vice President, FP&A will work also work closely with the PE and FTAI finance and accounting teams, operations, investor relations and members of FTAI senior management team.
The Vice President, FP&A will:
• Lead the process and preparation of monthly management reporting packages, weekly flash reports for FTAI Senior Leadership, regular FP&A dashboards, segment reporting summary and forecasts, and key metrics reporting
• Assist FTAI’s deal teams on financial modeling and scenario analysis of current transactions and acquisitions in pipeline (and other corporate development initiatives)
• Build, maintain, and continually improve FTAI business plan and forecasting. This includes maintaining a detailed and interactive model to forecast key metrics for 1 year, 3 year, and 5-year time horizon. Assist CFO in interacting with equity and debt underwriters, rating agencies and in reviewing FTAI financial model
• Research and provide credit and underwriting review and analysis for new investment opportunities. This will include working with FTAI to provide required information on investment returns, credit profile of prospective customer, risks and mitigants, and deal recommendation
• Provide project management, financial, business and modeling expertise to facilitate timely generation, synthesis, and distribution of financial and management reports
• Regularly interact with the CFO and CEO and other members of the Fortress senior leadership team and board of directors
• Liaise and manage the relationships with Fortress’s FP&A teams and take ownership for all related reporting matters
• Assist CFO and Controller on modeling or forecasting certain accounting and regulatory matters involving the SEC, and anticipate and respond to accounting rules changes, SEC updates and comment letters, requirements, regulatory matters, industry trends, opportunities, and risks
• Liaise with accounting team in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statement certifications and loan covenant compliance matters required by lenders and other agencies related to the company’s debt commitments
• Act as liaison with the FTAI Controller as it relates to budgets, forecasts, business plans, and other related management reporting and analyses
• Review and provide input and supplemental information related to press releases, earnings call transcripts, and investor presentations
• Work seamlessly with all other functions including Accounting, Legal, Investor Relations, Sales, Tax, and outside services providers including auditors, underwriters, law firms, etc.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
• A bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; MBA is a plus
• At least 6-7 years of relevant FP&A experience, with strong leadership skills and ability to think strategically and operationally
• Deep expertise in financial modeling in preparing executive summary presentations that capture the inputs, assumptions, key metrics, and document key drivers around the outputs
• Basic working knowledge of U.S. GAAP to be able to model appropriately and consistently with our external reporting and key metrics to drive decisions.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, very strong skills in excel modeling, power point, etc.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, requiring total commitment and long hours
• Impeccable integrity and ethics
• Superior analytical, quantitative and communication (both oral and written) skills
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity, and honesty
• Prior transportation and infrastructure industry experience would be considered a plus, to help focus on the relevant accounting for those investments and leased assets
• Must have strong drive and initiative with ability to balance multiple tasks
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.