Date published: 14-Sep-2021
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $45.5 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2020. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Pete Briger, Dean Dakolias, Drew McKnight and Josh Pack, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About the Position
The Analyst will report to the head of Real Estate Debt Originations and the head of High Yield Originations. Due to the collaborate nature of the High Yield Originations Team the analyst will work with a variety of Managing Directors, Directors, and Vice Presidents on the team while reporting directly to the group heads. Given the relatively flat hierarchy the position offers significant growth and advancement opportunity. The position has a flexible start date.
· Analyze real estate debt investment opportunities within the Credit Fund business
· Underwrite and value real estate (all asset classes) by building property level financial models
· Work with senior members of group to decide which investment opportunities should be sent to senior management for review based on analysis of the deal and financials
· Create Investment Committee memos to summarize analytic findings for senior management
· Perform property level Due Diligence and market studies
· Stay current on financial markets and competitive trends and use this expertise in the due diligence and evaluation process
· One to two years of experience working in the real estate finance industry; preferably Real Estate Investment Banking
· A Bachelor’s degree from a top university with a GPA of at least 3.5
· Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong work ethic
· Team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment
· Strong quantitative, written and oral communication skills
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and ARGUS
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.