Date published: 16-Jun-2022
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $53.3 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2022. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Corporate Strategy Analyst
Fortress Investment Group’s NY office has an opening for an Analyst/Associate in the Office of the CFO. This position reports to the Managing Director of Corporate Strategy and offers exposure to all of Fortress’s businesses and senior management. The individual hired for this position will work closely with the finance, accounting, legal and capital formation teams throughout the organization and assist the firm CFO and business COOs with reporting, modeling, performance, compensation and other business analysis. This person will also support various corporate strategy and business development initiatives including external relations, capital management, M&A activity, marketing and senior stakeholder relationship management. The ideal candidate should have effective communication skills, a strong work ethic, a desire to learn and assume additional roles, and the ability to thrive in a rigorous work environment.
- Prepare and maintain complex financial models
- Prepare external marketing material and internal board-level presentations
- Provide comprehensive industry/company research and analytics
- Prepare quarterly/annual management reporting packages as well as any variance analyses
- Prepare regular business reviews to update firm leadership on key initiatives, business performance, fundraising activity and expense management
- Assist with due diligence for potential management company M&A opportunities
- Monitor key industry trends and relevant market activity
- Execute on various capital markets initiatives including capital raises, debt re-financings, hedging activities
- Serve as a liaison between various corporate functions (accounting, tax, treasury, planning & analysis, legal, technology, etc.) to help drive efficient business support
- Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues and counterparties
- Provide support for ad hoc strategic initiatives as directed by firm leadership
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least two years of experience in banking, asset management or advisory
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, merit driven work environment
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proactive, high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.