Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and KYC Compliance Analyst
New York, NY
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $45.7 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2022. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About The Position
This is a highly unique opportunity to join the Legal and Compliance Department of a leading SEC-registered investment adviser (operating in multiple foreign jurisdictions). The position will be based in Manhattan.
The successful candidate will work with other members of the Fortress Legal and Compliance Department and businesses around the firm on, among other things, the following major items:
• For all Fortress managed fund deals, oversee counterparty due-diligence relating to AML, sanctions and KYC;
• Perform reviews of ongoing counterparty AML, sanctions and KYC surveillance;
• Liaise with internal sales and client services teams and fund administrators on limited partner AML, Sanctions and KYC issues as needed;
• Assist Fortress Operations personnel when counterparties are performing AML, sanctions and KYC diligence on Fortress;
• Oversee record keeping for the processes described above; and
• Assist with a variety of special projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record;
• At least 3 years of applicable experience, preferably at another alternative asset manager or buy-side financial institution;
• A thorough understanding of both worldwide and U.S. AML, sanctions and KYC regulations;
• Ability to effectively and clearly identify issues and communicate findings to other members of the Legal and Compliance Department;
• Exceptional organization and communication skills;
• A proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment; and
• Proficiency using WorldCheck or similar database applications.