Reporting Accountant, Credit
New York, New York
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $54.2 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Founded by Pete Briger in 2002, our Credit business today delivers local expertise with a global perspective in 13 office locations worldwide. Managing Partners and co-Chief Investment Officers Pete Briger, Dean Dakolias, Drew McKnight and Joshua Pack have worked together for nearly two decades, and today lead a team of more than 500 professionals, including 120 professionals devoted to asset management.
About The Position
FCO Credit Reporting Accountant
Fortress is seeking a Credit Reporting Accountant whose primary job functions consist of:
• Perform the accounting, reporting functions and special projects for the PE Credit group
• Responsible for streamlining global accounting functions and working closely with other Fortress teams
• Work closely with external auditors in conjunction with fund accounting teams to fulfill reporting and data requests centrally for all covered funds
• Assist fund accounting teams with the production and maintenance of financial statement footnote disclosures
• Assist with periodic and ad hoc reporting for management and investors.
• Support the production of various regulatory disclosures including Form PF, AIFMD, and CIMA FAR.
• Help coordinate the production of quarterly deal profitability analysis for senior management
• Various other analyses/reporting and global projects with respect to the investments and operations of the Funds and managed accounts
• Experience preferred: 2-4 years
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Strong communication skills
• Strong IT skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and prioritization capabilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills and successful experience working with a team