Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $44.7 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2023. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About the Position
Fortress Investment Group seeks an entry level Compliance Analyst to join the Fortress Compliance Department. Fortress is a leading SEC-registered investment adviser (operating in multiple foreign jurisdictions. The position will be based in Manhattan.
The successful candidate will work with members of the Legal and Compliance Department and other departments and businesses around the firm on, among other things, the following major items:
- general administration of Fortress’s global compliance program
- processing employee requests and fielding questions relating to personal trading, private investments, political contributions, gifts and entertainment and other Code of Ethics related matters
- conducting portions of the annual compliance reviews under SEC Rule 206(4)-7
- supporting affiliated broker-dealer entity by completing required FINRA reviews and lobbyist filings
- assisting with the administration of Fortress’s anti-money laundering program by working with various firm businesses and external counterparties
- assisting with the review of fund marketing materials and due diligence
- assisting with domestic and international regulatory reporting (including SEC, NFA, FINRA, MAS, and other regulators)
- reviewing information disclosed in compliance forms (quarterly/annual personal trading report, initial holdings, conflicts questionnaire, political contribution history, ADV disclosure, etc.) for new hires and current employees
- conducting additional ad hoc compliance assignments, including periodic compliance testing and routine regulatory examinations
- assisting with the administration of the firm’s NDA process
The successful candidate will have:
- a bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance
- superior work ethic, attention to detail, organizational and communications skills
- serious desire to learn, grow and develop as a professional
- a proven ability to multi-task, problem-solve and think critically
- a technical proficiency with computer applications
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.