Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $45 billion of assets under management. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About Fortress’ Credit and Real Estate Business
The Fortress Credit and Real Estate business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit and Real Estate business consists of over 600 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. We manage assets on behalf of many of the world’s most prominent and sophisticated allocators, including public and private pensions, sovereign wealth funds, large institutions and ultra-high net worth investors.
About the Position
We are seeking a lawyer to work hand-in-hand with our capital formation and investor relations team (the Fortress Capital Formation Group, aka “CFG”). The position will sit in the Fortress Legal and Compliance Department and will report to the Fortress Chief Compliance Officer/Deputy General Counsel. The successful candidate will work with CFG and the Fortress Legal and Compliance Department on all aspects of fund marketing, investment and ongoing investor diligence, investor reporting, bespoke documents created at the request of prospects and investors, and other public facing communications, LP transfers, significant domestic and international regulatory compliance, and non-disclosure agreements. The individual will also work with various members of the front and back office in connection with all of the foregoing.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A law degree with at least 2-3 years of relevant experience.
• Substantive experience in the alternative investment industry, including experience doing the type of work described above.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, often with competing demands and deadlines from senior leaders of the firm.
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic and desire to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.