European Real Estate Analyst
Fortress Investment Group is a leading, highly diversified investment manager with approximately $52.7 billion of assets under management as of 31 December 2020. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
The European Real Estate business comprises 20 investment and asset management professionals in London and Amsterdam. The team invests in commercial real estate across Western Europe, focusing on opportunistic transactions. The business has dedicated discretionary capital and a strong track record in the sector.
The London office has an opening for a Real Estate Analyst on the investment team. Due to the collaborative culture, broad investment mandate, and flat hierarchy, the position offers significant potential for personal growth and advancement.
The Analyst will support the team to:
• Evaluate and execute real estate investments within Fortress’s Real Estate Fund business, with a focus on opportunistic equity and distressed / turn-around acquisitions in Western Europe
• Generate new investment strategies and ideas
• Create financial models, conduct market research, and interact with brokers, sellers, and advisors to evaluate acquisitions
• Prepare investment memoranda to summarize findings for senior management and Fortress’s investment committee
• Manage third-party due diligence processes, overseeing technical, valuation, and legal advisors
• Determine and implement the appropriate legal structure for acquisitions
• Execute third-party debt financings in conjunction with acquisitions; negotiate term sheets and facility agreements; facilitate lender due diligence
The ideal candidate will have:
• Two to three years of experience working in real estate finance, investment management or investment banking
• An undergraduate degree with grades demonstrating high academic performance
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficiency in at least one European language in addition to English
• Demonstrable interest in real estate investing