Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $45.5 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2020. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Pete Briger, Dean Dakolias, Drew McKnight and Josh Pack, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About the Position
The Credit business in Dallas, Texas office has created a new position for a Trader that will report to Head Trader. The Trader will assist in trade execution, risk management, idea generation and sourcing in publicly traded loan, High Yield (HY), and equity markets as well as illiquid and middle market credit. The Trader will also work closely with Portfolio Managers and Analysts to assess relative value and market liquidity as well as assist in the investment process from order taking through settlement. The trading team benefits from a strong track record.
Successful candidate will be self-motivated, commercially oriented, and possess strong analytic/quantitative skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
The Trader will:
• Execute Trades and monitor risk
• Generate ideas and curate opportunities in HY and Distressed markets
• Engage with Loan and HY primary markets and build pipelines
• Conduct analysis on CLO portfolios, creating value through optimization of current deals.
• Work closely with portfolio managers and analysts to discuss credit issues, relative value, and developments in the leveraged loan, high yield and distressed credit markets.
• Develop and maintain relationships with sell side coverage professionals
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor's degree, preferably in economics or finance, from a leading university
• 2-5 years of experience as a trader, analyst or salesperson
• at a top tier investment bank, or similar experience at a buy side credit fund
• Experience trading in syndicated loan and high yield markets
• Equity and/or macro market acumen a plus
• Basic understanding of the CLO structure and market
• The ideal candidate will be self-sufficient and must be able to work autonomously.
• Exceptional work ethic
• Superior attention to detail
• Must understand how to make money
• Risk management orientation
• Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Bloomberg, Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of Excel)