Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $54.2 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About Real Estate Equity Team
Fortress’s Real Estate Equity teams are focused on investing in opportunistic and value added special situation equity investments. The teams have long-standing distressed investing and asset management experience with a fully tested and integrated origination, acquisition, underwriting, and asset and risk management infrastructure.
Fortress’s Dallas office has an opening for an Asset Manager to join the commercial real estate team, specifically focused on principle equity. The position will be responsible for creating and executing individualized asset business plans in order to achieve the fund’s return objectives. The candidate will directly report to the Managing Director of Asset Management and Portfolio Manager, and have close interaction with the investment team, senior fund managers, fellow asset managers, and supporting analysts and associates.
- Overseeing and monitoring the performance of an assigned portfolio of multifamily properties.
- Work in partnership with the acquisition team on underwriting and due diligence efforts for new multifamily and student housing opportunities.
- Drive investment strategy and value creation through direct oversight of property operations, leasing and capital deployment.
- Create and lead value-add capital improvement plans on a diverse portfolio of multifamily assets.
- Manage the takeover of new assets and develop strategic recommendations for each asset.
- Perform asset level valuation reviews including gathering market data, reviewing property performance, and measuring each asset against the approved budget.
- Develop and foster strong relationships and effective lines of communication with JV partners, property management companies, brokers, colleagues and third parties
- Supervise and drive operating partners and hold them accountable in efforts to maximize value and profitability
- Review and analyze property financials and keep informed of market dynamics and key factors affecting current and future asset performance
- Prepare and implement action plans and annual business plans.
- Establish credibility both internally and externally as Fortress multifamily and student housing expert.
- Effectively interact with in-house departments including but not limited to acquisition team, capital formation group, accounting, and legal to ensure a consistent understanding of performance expectations and efficient use of resources
- Conduct periodic site visits to review physical condition and compliance standards
- Negotiate loan documents, purchase and sale agreements, operating agreements , and property management agreements
- 10+ years of direct and hands on experience in commercial real estate investing and asset management in multifamily and student housing assets.
- Experience in successfully implementing and overseeing significant value-add capital projects to achieve significant ROI preferably on Class B and C multifamily assets.
- Prior property management and construction oversight experience.
- Strong modeling and analytical skills including regular use of Excel and MS Office programs
- Acute attention to detail, ability to multitask, and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- A MBA, Masters or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or real estate