Date published: 4-Aug-2020
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $45.5 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2020. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About the Position
Fortress’s Real Estate Loans & Equity teams are focused on investing in distressed real estate loan acquisitions, special situation equity investments and recapitalizations, opportunistic lending, REIT debt and commercial real estate structured products. The teams have long-standing distressed investing and asset management experience with a fully tested and integrated origination, acquisition, underwriting, and asset and risk management infrastructure.
Fortress’s Dallas office has an opening for a Commercial Real Estate professional to join the commercial real estate team of Credit Funds business. The candidate will directly support a Managing Director and a Portfolio Manager with deal screening, underwriting, due diligence, closing and asset management of Retail investments.
• Screening of potential retail investment including desktop underwriting, fact checking, due diligence and recommending investments
• Modeling assumptions for underwriting of new acquisition opportunities
• Investment memo creation, preparation and presentation to investment committee
• Business plan development including leasing, operations and renovations
• Negotiating loan documents, leasing agreements, property management agreements
• Shepherding the investment through closing
• Asset management of the investment through execution and refinement of the business plan to achieve the investment goals
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• 4 - 6 years direct & hands on experience in commercial RE retail investing and asset management, preferably in a Retail REIT or institutional environment
• Experience in distressed, opportunistic, repositioning and value add retail investments a huge plus
• Prior leasing, property management and construction oversight experience also a plus.
• Strong modeling skills including regular use of Argus and MS Excel
• Developed relationships with brokers and retail operators throughout the country
• Excellent analytical skills, acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or real estate
• Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Unquestionable integrity and ethics
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.