Fortress’s Commercial Real Estate (“CRE”) Asset Management group seeks a highly motivated Portfolio Associate. This candidate will provide support for monthly book/ valuation process, portfolio reporting, risk analytics as well as various analytical tools to Senior Management. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, proactive and detail-oriented, with a proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and superb organization, communication, and time management skills required. Knowledge of commercial real estate, finance and investment is a plus.
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
· ASSET MANAGEMENT ANALYSIS & SUPPORT: Ensure accurate cash flows through a collaborative effort with Asset Managers, Analysts, and Accountants. Perform variance analysis.
· REPORTING: coordinate periodic reports and tracking
· ACCOUNTING & OPERATION SUPPORT: Answering valuation and assumption inquiries associated with the monthly valuation pricing. Coordinating quarterly marking review and annual audit.
· INVESTOR RELATION ANALYSIS: Help coordinate data integrity within the quarterly investor letters and annual investor conference
· TRACK RECORD: Support the analysis of investment track record calculation
· DATA BASE: work closely with Business Analyst to support Asset Management system and maintain financial model
· SPECIAL PROJECT: assist with special projects for senior management including gathering data, spreading numbers, formulating analytics, and explaining trends and results
· POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: Assist with the implementation of new Policies and Procedures for Asset Management Group
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, real estate, or related fields
· 2-3 years of finance, accounting, or real estate investment management experience
· Familiarity with key concepts in finance, real estate, and reporting a plus
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, with advanced knowledge of other Microsoft Office products
· Highly motivated, attention to detail, fast learner with a proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Familiarity with data management/ mining and prior experience working on database analysis
· Strong track record of delivering accurate and timely information and reports
· Superb organization, communication, and time management skills
· Strong oral and written skill
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.