Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $54.2 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Our Credit business is a leading, global alternative investor, managing assets on behalf of many of the world’s most prominent and sophisticated allocators, including public and private pensions, sovereign wealth funds, large institutions and private clients.
Our overriding objective is to protect and grow our investors’ capital, applying the discipline, rigor and expertise honed through decades of investment experience through a full range of market, economic and credit cycles and across asset classes, structures, geographies and industries.
Capital Asset and Construction Management- Vice President- Multifamily
The Vice President, Multi-family will have overall responsibilities and oversight for the capital asset and construction management for all communities in Fortress’ multi-family portfolio. Areas of responsibility range from assessing project feasibility to overseeing project completion. Projects range from as simple as addressing deferred maintenance to as complex as completing major costly renovations and conversions. Feasibility assessment and due diligence responsibilities include review of programming, scope, plans and specifications, budget, schedule, and team. Relative to execution, responsibilities include overseeing all capital projects, including deferred maintenance, site work, and renovation projects, with the goal of ensuring the delivery of quality product within budget and on schedule.
- Oversee construction/renovation activities in accordance with approved plans while coordinating with Asset and Property Management to achieve successful project completion
- Support the Fortress Investment Team with underwriting and due diligence on property acquisitions, to include reviewing of property condition assessments, hiring and directing specialty consultants, and creating deferred maintenance and capital improvement project scopes, plans, budgets, schedules, and teams
- Manage site inspections to confirm that the planned work is progressing and is completed in accordance with approved plans, specs, and scopes
- Organize, schedule, attend, and lead meetings as necessary to facilitate successful completion of capital projects
- Ensure property managers and contractors develop and comply with O&M Plans for Asbestos Containing Materials, Lead Based Paint, and Water Intrusion and Mold Management, as necessary
- Ensure property managers maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by enforcing and complying with Fortress guidelines as well as all state and local jurisdictions
- Review monthly project reporting to ensure successful project completion and compliance, and identify of any unforeseen conditions that may affect budget or schedule
- Ensure timely completion, review and submission of vendor payments and draw requests to ensure compliance with lender requirements
- Assist Asset Management and Property Managers with developing annual budgets and 5-year capital plans
- Act as the professional liaison between owner, managers, and contractors
· 7-10 years of experience in multifamily with significant experience in a project executive or senior project manager role.
- An undergraduate degree with a concentration in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or Real Estate or equivalent practical experience
- An MBA or master’s degree is preferred, but not required
· Experience in converting student housing to market housing is a plus, but not required
- Proven track record of successfully overseeing renovation and conversion projects of Multi-family communities with budgets exceeding $5 million
- Team player with focus on completing quality projects within budget and on schedule.
- Ability and willingness to travel to all communities on a periodic and as needed basis
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of all design and construction documents
- Deep bench of contractors and subs from which to pull from, as needed
- Strong local contacts to expedite zoning changes and permitting
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to frequent changes
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet project needs and company goals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills to include MS Office and Project