Private Credit Associate
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $44.7 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2023. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 525 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world. With over 130 professionals dedicated to asset management in 11 office locations worldwide, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
Private Credit Associate
The firm is currently looking to hire an Associate to join our Private Credit team in the Dallas office with a focus on privately negotiated investments in unitranche direct loans and structured junior capital.
The Associate will:
• Evaluate new investment opportunities by conducting quantitative and qualitative due diligence on private credit direct loan opportunities as part of an underwriting team
• Due diligence activities will include:
o Analyze private companies across all industries including data synthesis, trend summaries and valuation
o Applying understanding of current macro and micro trends to private credit opportunities with a downside focus
o Operating and maintaining complex financial models to evaluate and sensitize credit metrics and return profiles
o Prepare and present an investment thesis via investment committee memos and internal discussions on credit merits and risks
• Support deal teams in transaction management, including overall process organization, negotiations with counterparties and execution of closings
• Prepare presentations for investors, firm partners and other counterparties
• Assist in ongoing fund performance monitoring and portfolio analytics
• In addition to private credit underwriting, the Associate may be expected to work selectively on traded corporate credit security investment opportunities
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in investment banking, credit or private equity principal investing, credit valuation or restructuring advisory services
• Strong analytical capabilities, financial analysis, writing and presentation skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and financial modeling
• Successful candidates will have a proven track record of leadership skills, and a strong record of academic achievement
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and work both independently and in a dynamic team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and a professional, polished demeanor
• Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to handle and thrive with increased independence
• Bachelor’s degree preferably with a business related major