*Candidates must be based in Austin, Texas or San Antonio, Texas*
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $45.5 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2020. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,900 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About the Position
The Multi-family and Commercial Real Estate Construction Supervisor will have overall day to day construction oversite responsibilities for multiple capital improvement, deferred maintenance, general site work and interior renovation projects with the goal of delivering a quality product within budget and schedule.
- Primary responsibility is to oversee construction activities in accordance with Property Owner’s requirements while coordinating with Asset and Property Management for the best interests of the investment and property.
- Walk properties on a daily / weekly basis to confirm the proper progression and completion of planned work in accordance with plans, specs and scopes previously defined.
- Organize, schedule, attend, and lead meetings whether on site or via conference call as necessary to facilitate project scope. Publish meeting minutes from meetings and calls.
- Ensure contractors comply with Asbestos Containing Materials, Lead Based Paint, and Water Intrusion and Mold Management O&M Plans for properties
- Maintains safe, secure and healthy working environment by enforcing and complying with state and local jurisdiction
Liaison between owner and contactors:
- Identify, define, solve and report any issues, defects, unforeseen conditions, or repairs that may be required to continue property operations to asset management team. Monitor contractor and sub-contractor productivity and material quantity and usage requirements.
- Monitors project expenditures, identifies variances and potential change orders, implements corrective actions.
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors to meet required delivery dates of all materials and equipment and maintain responsibility for expediting all deliveries to the site.
- Keep the Property Owner informed of any schedule delays, deviations from the original budgets, changes to agreed scope, or specifications.
- Develop and implement an RFI system to coordinate with Property Owner and Property Management to adequately track open issues to conclusion.
Documentation of project status:
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on milestones hit, schedule, % complete, spent to date, work to be completed, general staffing update, any unforeseen events that may affect budget or schedule as well as photographic evidence of progress.
- Receive and review billings, lien releases, warranties, and insurance certificates and make written recommendations to Property Owner for funding.
- Monitor and report progress, pre-walk units, and track projected completion to meet pre-leasing requirements.
- Procure daily log of events. Prepare and submit daily log to the Project Manager if requested. The daily log will become part of the close out documents.
- 10 or more years of construction industry experience with significant experience as a superintendent or project manager.
- Proven track record of successfully overseeing renovation of multifamily projects valued at $5M+
- Austin and San Antonio, Texas experience preferred but client will relocate candidate with strong multifamily garden style project renovation experience.
- Team player with focus on building quality projects within budget and on schedule.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of all design and construction documents.
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to adapt to frequent changes.
- Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet project needs.
- Must be willing and able to travel to all job sites within your area.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to include MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Project.
- Must possess and maintain a reliable vehicle to provide transportation to multiple properties on a daily basis.
- Property inspections