Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $54.2 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About the Position
The primary responsibilities will involve the monitoring of a portfolio of liquid and illiquid corporate loans and bonds, determining compliance with loan agreements/bond indentures, identifying evolving risks and opportunities, generating monthly and quarterly reporting for senior management review, executing amendments/add-on investments and assisting with the restructuring / workout of problem investments. The Analyst / Associate will report to a Managing Director in the Dallas office and work with a team of experienced underwriters, asset managers and traders in Dallas, New York and San Francisco.
Corporate Portfolio Loan Management Analyst
- Continuous monitoring and risk management of an assigned portfolio of liquid and illiquid credit investments across various industries
- Proactive management of credits
- Develop a well-informed and balanced view of the business, financial, and competitive risks faced by a company, sector, and industry
- Develop relationships and maintain dialogue with management of portfolio companies and other lenders / bondholders
- Prepare and present monthly portfolio review material to senior management
- Evaluate credit agreements, indentures, and other legal documentation to assess covenants and recovery prospects in the event of a default
- Analyze, prepare, and present for approval all required amendments, waivers, and extensions
- Work with third-party advisors on amendments and work-outs (financial / restructuring advisors, legal counsel)
- Be informed / knowledgeable of macro trends in the high-yield and leveraged loan asset classes
- Perform valuation and coverage analysis using discounted cash flow, comparative market multiples, and transaction multiple methodologies
- Work with independent valuation specialists to validate the fair value of investments including yield and recovery analysis, as well as valuation methodologies applied
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics; MBA and/or CFA a plus but not necessary
- 2-5 years of middle market banking, credit asset management or underwriting, legal documentation, transaction due diligence, corporate restructuring, accounting and/or portfolio management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with management, bankers, industry analysts, and third-party valuation specialists
- Must be detailed oriented and possess strong analytical, due diligence, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint