Date published: 4-Oct-2021
Azure Cloud Data Warehouse Developer
The Azure Cloud Data Warehouse Developer drives continuous integration between highly disparate systems and assists in organizing the data in the warehouse. Migrating our on-premise data warehouse to Microsoft Azure Synapse on the cloud will be one of the primary responsibilities of this role.
The individual must be a hands-on developer, ideally with 5-7+ years of experience with delivering on enterprise-level systems. The right candidate will be a highly motivated communicator that is driven, possesses creative and conceptual intelligence, and a has a continuing desire for self-improvement.
· Experience in the Microsoft SQL Server stack – SQL Database, SSIS, SSAS Tabular.
· Experience developing ETL packages to create dimensional data warehouses using SSIS and SQL Stored Procedures.
· Experience with requirements gathering focused on data warehousing and/or reporting.
· Experience with ETL testing & data validation.
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with Git DevOps
· Experience with Cloud DW technologies, specifically with Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake
· Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience with Data warehousing technologies and solutions and underlying IT services. Less experience sufficient if the individual has significant knowledge in the Microsoft Cloud data warehouse technologies - Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake
· Very strong drive to learn the Azure Synapse and accompanying technology tools
· Strong t-SQL query-writing skills
· Very strong communication skills, written and verbal. Part of the role may be communication directly to our business units.
· Advanced critical thinking ability; comfortable thinking about and solving new problems
· Solid understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, and software development best practices
· Proven ability to work independently at designing, developing, and delivering solutions
· An understanding of dimensional data modelling (Kimball method)
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.