Date published: 24-May-2021
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $53.1 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About the Position
The Net Lease Group at Fortress was established at the inception of the credit business in 2002. The small, tight knit and high output team acquires a high volume of net lease assets, with a proven track record of success.
Fortress’s Dallas office has an opening for an Asset Manager to join the Net Lease Group and help manage the net lease portfolio of assets. The Asset Manager will work alongside a very dynamic, high performing team and will be expected to become an invaluable member in its future success.
• Overseeing and monitoring the performance of a diverse portfolio of net leased assets across the United States and United Kingdom
• Review and analyze property financials and keep informed of market dynamics and key factors affecting current and future asset performance
• Responsible for confirming Rent collection, loan payments, other payables and distributions.
• Audit and confirm net cash flows by tracking monthly treasury activity.
• Liaise with internal and external audit and valuation requests.
• Keep abreast of tenant financials with the help of the broader team and keep abreast of industry and any macro headwinds.
• Prepare asset status reports, action plans and any other recommended action for the team
• Monitor loan covenants and reporting requirements of the portfolio and provide monthly reports to the team.
• Work closely with JV partner teams on acquisition and disposition requests, capital call calculations, and leasing.
• Review and become an expert on the transaction and loan documents on all assets
• Monitor construction assets, work closely with construction monitors, developers, construction contractor, tenant and provide regular updates to the broader team. Ensure processing of loan and construction funding requests in a timely manner. Responsible for insuring COO receipt and closeout of punch lists to confirm completion of construction.
• Effectively interact with in-house departments including but not limited to accounting, treasury, and legal to ensure a consistent understanding of performance expectations and efficient use of resources
• Assist in underwriting and closing of new acquisition opportunities when needed.
• 5-7 years of direct and hands on experience in commercial real estate accounting
• Strong modeling and analytical skills including regular use of Excel and MS Office programs; Argus preferred but not required
• Acute attention to detail, ability to multitask, and strong organizational skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
• Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Unquestionable integrity and ethics
• Masters degree preferred but not required; Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.