Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $49.9 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2020. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
About Real Estate Equity Team
Fortress’s Real Estate Equity teams are focused on investing in opportunistic and value-added special situation equity investments. The teams have long-standing distressed investing and asset management experience with a fully tested and integrated origination, acquisition, underwriting, and asset and risk management infrastructure.
Fortress’s Dallas office has an opening for an Industrial Asset Manager to join the commercial real estate team, specifically focused on principle equity. The position will be responsible for creating and executing individualized asset business plans in order to achieve the fund’s return objectives. The candidate will directly report to the Managing Director of Asset Management and Portfolio Manager, and have close interaction with the investment team, senior fund managers, fellow asset managers, and supporting analysts and associates.
Industrial Asset Manager - Dallas
• Overseeing and monitoring the performance of a diverse portfolio of net leased assets across the United States and United Kingdom
• Review and analyze property financials and keep informed of market dynamics and key factors affecting current and future asset performance
• Keep abreast of tenant financials with the help of the broader team and keep abreast of industry and any macro headwinds.
• Prepare asset status reports, action plans and any other recommended action for the team
• Monitor loan covenants and reporting requirements of the portfolio and provide monthly reports to the team.
• Review and become an expert on the transaction and loan documents on all assets
• Responsible for confirming Rent collection, loan payments, other payables and distributions.
• Monitor construction assets, work closely with construction monitors, developers, construction contractor, tenant and provide regular updates to the broader team. Responsible for insuring COO receipt and closeout of punch lists to confirm completion of construction.
• Conduct periodic site visits to review physical condition, compliance standards and changes in market dynamics
• Research and present well thought out asset disposition strategies
• Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with JV Partners, developers, lenders and other third parties.
• Particularly important to develop very strong relationship with tenants with a focus on service and collaboration. Always be mindful of potential lease extension opportunities.
• Negotiate leasing agreements and property management agreements
• Effectively interact with in-house departments including but not limited to accounting, and legal to ensure a consistent understanding of performance expectations and efficient use of resources
• Assist in underwriting and closing of new acquisition opportunities when needed.
• 10+ years of direct and hands on experience in commercial real estate investing and asset management with at least 5 years of experience covering Industrial assets.
• Experience in successfully implementing and overseeing significant value-add capital projects to achieve significant ROI.
• Prior hands on property management experience preferred
• Strong modeling and analytical skills including regular use of Excel and MS Office programs
• Acute attention to detail, ability to multitask, and strong organizational skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
• Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Unquestionable integrity and ethics
• A MBA, Masters or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or real estate preferred