Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $54.2 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2021. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger and Dean Dakolias, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world, including the RTC Workout and the Asian Financial Crisis. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
Primary Job Functions:
- Asset servicing including security master maintenance, reviewing credit agreements, monitoring and booking all investment activity, wire processing, and performing due diligence on operating partners for real estate investments.
- Cash and position reconciliations
- Daily interaction with custodian banks, trustees and prime brokers
- Daily interaction with asset management, accounting, valuation and other areas supporting the Credit Funds business.
- Support Credit Funds by tracking Investor capital, servicing fund subscription lines, paying and allocating investment related expenses
Secondary Job Functions:
- Provide backup to other Credit Fund Operation staff supporting wire transfers, trade settlements and other business activities of the fund
- Assist in yearly audit confirmation process
- Participate in various projects across the business
- 2-4 years’ experience at a Financial Services firm (commercial or investment bank, asset manager etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university/college
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel
- Strong working knowledge of Wall Street Office
- Experience with Real Estate Investments and Cash/Position reconciliations
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment