Fortress is an active hotel investor in Japan and has strong interest in candidates who are familiar with investing in, lending to, or otherwise working on hotels. Fortress is seeking candidates for Acquisitions and Asset Management roles of Hotels consistent with the above descriptions. The roles are for Analyst, Associate, or Vice President. Fortress is also interest in licensed architects and other professionals with experience in property development and renovation.
Basic responsibilities for hotel asset management include:
- Asset manage a portfolio of hotels with the goal of maximizing the value of assets and achieving specific investor’s objectives
- Proactively identify value enhancement opportunities through various analyses and research
- Oversee and work collaboratively with hotel operators, PM/BMs and any third-party vendors to positively influence portfolio performance
- Review weekly / monthly operating performance of the hotels and benchmark against competitive set hotels, previous year, and budget to identify issues and improvement areas. Review operational forecasts and develop and implement strategies to achieve performance targets
- Coordinate strategies with the third-party AM (if applicable) as well as the hotel operator to optimize revenue from all sources and to minimize expenses
- Perform in-depth evaluation of annual business plans and Capex plans. Proactively oversee the execution of plans throughout the year and monitor Capex including major renovations and regular capital plan
- Conduct periodic property visits to evaluate physical condition of property, hotel operator performance, positioning of hotel in the market and communicate expectations to the operator.
- Review/monitor essential contracts around hotel investment such as ML agreement, management contract, loan document with major covenants
- Conduct monthly and quarterly lender and trust bank reporting, working with the hotel operator, any third party AMs, as well as Fortress middle office
- Obtain lender and trust bank approvals for items such as non-budgeted CapEx, annual budget, etc.
- Monitor hotel performance against lender performance tests
- Track the financial performance of the assets on a deal level and assist with investor reporting
- Assist with refinancing efforts, providing property level data for financing packages and for lender/trust bank requests
- Assist with property disposition efforts
Japanese fluency is required.