Date published: 30-Jun-2017
Delaware River Partners LLC, a Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Company (FTAI – NYSE), has an immediate opening in for a Controller. Delaware River Partners LLC (DRP) is a private Port and Rail Terminal being developed in South New Jersey, near Philadelphia. The Controller will report to the President of DRP.
The Controller must be a highly motivated self-starter who is intellectually curious, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and adapts easily to rapid change. The Controller is responsible for overseeing, reporting and continually improving all aspects of the accounting process. This individual will be responsible for developing and ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timely reporting of the financial data for the company.
· Execute and lead all monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes, including setting the rhythm with specific timeline and deadliness to meet reporting requirements. Goal is to be able to close each financial period within a few days from the month end, including pre-close items and automating as many transactions and system feeds as possible
· Responsible for preparing financial statements
· Establish, design, document and implement policies and procedures, maintain strong internal controls to ensure compliance
· Provide project management, financial, business and technical accounting expertise to facilitate timely generation, synthesis and distribution of financial and management reports
· Provide strong leadership and development to the accounting, finance and administrative functions; as the company grows, will be responsible for recruiting, managing, training, motivating, developing and retaining quality accounting / finance professionals
· Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statement certifications, loan covenant compliance matters, required by lenders and other agencies related to the company’s debt commitments
· Responsible for coordinating with the current tax team
· Act as liaison with Financial, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Leader as it relates to budgets, forecasts, business plans and other related management reporting and analysis.
· Work seamlessly with all other functions including Legal, Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Environmental, Tax and outside service providers.
Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s degree required, CPA and or MBA a plus
· At least 10 years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to think strategically and operationally (ideal candidate would have 50/50 between public and ‘hands-on’ operational controllership)
· Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
· Experience in establishing accounting and reporting functions, as well as documenting policies and procedures
· Big Four accounting firm experience a plus
· Impeccable integrity and ethics
· Expertise in the use of financial computer applications and accounting spreadsheets
· Strong track record of delivering accurate, timely accounting information and reports
· Superior analytical, quantitative and communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity and honesty
· Prior Port, Terminal or Infrastructure experience a plus