Vice President – Human Resources
Delaware River Partners LLC, a Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Company (FTAI – NYSE), has an immediate opening in for a Vice President of Human Resources. Delaware River Partners LLC (DRP) is a private Port and Rail Terminal being developed in South New Jersey, near Philadelphia. The Vice President of Human Resources will report to the President of DRP.
The VP Human Resources must be a highly motivated self-starter who is intellectually curious, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and adapts easily to rapid change. The VP Human Resources will create people-related processes, benefits, culture, recruiting, development, and retention efforts in an industrial environment.
· Lead recruitment strategy, hiring, and training in an efficient and cost effective manner.
· Provide proactive management of compensation and benefit programs for employees
· Manage payroll and associated systems and reporting
· Create and support programs to drive a culture of high performance, innovation, and fun.
· Provide HR support and consultation to the business, answering employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items.
· Advise on performance management issues.
Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s degree required with 10 years of experience in HR generalist and/or HR advisory work in an industrial environment including union and non-union employees.
· Experience creating, implementing, and executing a HR strategy with a particular focus on recruiting and building a performance based culture.
· Familiarity with state-level employment requirements a plus.
· Hands on experience negotiating union collective bargaining agreements
· Skilled communicator with a proactive attitude and strong ability to build relationships across the Company to drive organizational growth.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to move quickly, multi-task, make key decisions, and drive results.
· Versatile, enthusiastic, and energetic candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and has exceptional communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, team-oriented environment.