Date published: 3-Apr-2019
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger and Dean Dakolias, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world, including the RTC Workout and the Asian Financial Crisis. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
Fortress Investment Group is seeking a valuations associate within its Credit Funds business. The Credit Funds manage approximately $26 billion AUM and focuses primarily in undervalued assets, distressed and illiquid credit investments across multiple industries. The associate will be exposed to real estate, corporate debt, private equity investments and various illiquid investments across multiple industries. The business has invested over $100 billion since 2002 across the credit spectrum.
· Assist in the monthly valuation of a diverse set of investments, including but not limited to private loans, trade claims, private equities, real estate loans, rediscount loans and warrants.
· Review internal valuations with asset managers to understand movements in valuations.
· Deep dive / review internal valuation models for privately held investments.
· Assist in the on-going analysis of the portfolio by tracking significant events for each asset, reviewing valuation assumptions and cash flow projections.
· Compile valuations and supporting information and prepare summary presentations to be reviewed by senior management and pricing committee.
· Contribute to the development of various Credit-wide platforms and models to assist in valuation. This involves implementation, testing, and coordination with teams across the business.
· The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of relevant experience preferably with a Valuation background or Credit Markets experience.
· Bright, quick learner, reliable, self-motivated
· Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment
· Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
· Working knowledge of Bloomberg and Wall Street Office is preferred
· Background in cashflow modeling and Tableau is a plus
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.