Date published: 8-Feb-2018
Fortress Investment Group is seeking a valuations associate within its Credit Funds business. The Credit Funds manage approximately $17.7 billion AUM and focuses primarily in undervalued assets, distressed and illiquid credit investments across multiple industries. The associate will be exposed to real estate, corporate debt & securities, structured finance products, ABS, MBS and private equity investments.
• Assist in the monthly valuation of a diverse set of investments, including but not limited to asset backed securities, bonds, public and private loans, trade claims, private equities, real estate loans, rediscount loans, and derivatives.
• Coordinate the receipt of monthly valuations from pricing vendors, brokers and asset managers.
• Review quotes from brokers and pricing vendors and hold discussions with trading desk to monitor the reasonableness of quotes received.
• Review internal valuations with asset managers to understand movements in valuations.
• Assist in the on-going analysis of the portfolio by tracking significant events for each asset, reviewing valuation assumptions and cash flow projections.
• Compile valuations and supporting information and prepare summary packages to be reviewed by senior management and pricing committee.
The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of relevant experience preferably with a Valuations background or Credit Markets experience.
• Bright, quick learner, reliable, self-motivated
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg and Wall Street Office is preferred
• Background in cash-flow modeling is a plus
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.