Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
New Residential Investment Corp is a publicly traded real investment trust whose portfolio consists of Excess MSRs, Full MSRs, Servicer Advances, RMBS, Residential loans and Consumer Loans. The Company takes an active approach centered around identifying and executing on opportunities, responding to the changing market environment and dynamically managing its investment portfolio to enhance returns.
About The Position
The Tax Manager will be responsible for assisting the tax team with respect to tax provision preparation, tax compliance review and tax accounting for debt instruments on behalf of New Residential.
- Assist with the preparation of interim and annual income tax provisions, including supporting workpapers
- Assist the company with FIN48 documentation and review of tax portions of financial statements and preparation of tax footnotes
- Prepare federal and state workpapers to be used in the preparation of income tax returns
- Assist in preparing federal and state extension and quarterly estimated tax payments
- Coordinate the processing and review of tax returns prepared by third-party preparers for 1120-REIT, 1120, 1065 state and consolidated returns
- Coordinate with third party preparers, internal accounting and valuation teams on taxable income models for various debt instruments
- Coordinate with the internal accounting, business and legal teams for ad-hoc requests
- 3-5 years in public accounting, Big 4/CPA Preferred
- Significant experience with tax provisions required
- Strong technical knowledge related to the preparation of US federal and state income tax returns
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills as well as attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and tax preparation software