Date published: 20-Dec-2017
Drive Shack (the “Company”) is where players of every slice or fade can kick back, kick it up, or kick aside everything they know about the game. It’s where you can play the game your way, with your friends, the kids, or just with a couple of beers. It’s the place where fun is bound to happen, no matter your drive.
Drive Shack is an entertainment company that combines golf, competition, dining, and fun. Those who want to enjoy the facility, but not play, can spectate from one of Drive Shack’s bar and restaurant areas, or spend time in the game lounge. Drive Shack is poised to become the go-to entertainment outlet for golfers and non-golfers alike.
The Tax Director will be responsible for the tax department in all aspects, including tax compliance (review of returns from third-party providers), tax provision, transactional support, sales and use tax filings, and other ad-hoc requests from the business, accounting and legal teams.
• Coordinate and review tax returns, including a consolidated 1120, 1120-REIT, and state returns prepared by third-party preparers
• Review quarterly tax provision under ASC 740
• Analyze purchases and sales to file sales and use tax returns, as applicable
• Coordinate with internal accounting and business teams for ad-hoc requests
• Maintain a safe working environment at all times; understand and enforce safe work practices in a fair and consistent fashion
• Coordinate and review state related compliance, including estimated payments, extensions, and notice responses
• Maintain SOX controls
• Provide tax structuring advice
• Provide advice and high level calculations under IRC Sec 382
• Perform other duties as requested by management
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree required with at least 7 years of tax experience in the restaurant and/or entertainment industry or similar experience preferred
• At least 7 years of tax experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
• Team player with the ability to work independently
• Tax provision experience, preferred
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.