Fortress is the external asset manager ($69.8B of AUM) for publicly traded REITs that invest in senior housing (NYSE:SNR), golf and RMBS (NYSE: DS), mortgages and other real estate related instruments (NYSE: NRZ).
New Senior Investment Group is a publicly-traded real estate investment trust with a diversified portfolio of private pay senior housing properties located across the United States. The portfolio owns both managed and triple net lease properties.
New Residential Investment Corp. is a publicly traded real estate investment trust whose portfolio consists of Excess MSRs, Servicer Advances, RMBS, Residential Loans and Consumer Loans. The Company takes an active approach centered around identifying and executing on opportunities, responding to the changing market environment and dynamically managing the investment portfolio to enhance returns.
Drive Shack Inc. is a corporation that is transitioning into a leisure company, led by its traditional and entertainment golf businesses.
The tax senior associate will be assisting the current tax team with respect to tax accounting for debt instruments, tax compliance (review of returns from third-party providers), tax provision and other ad-hoc requests from the business, accounting and legal teams.
• To provide tax support to three publicly traded companies externally managed by Fortress.
• Prepare tax provisions under ASC 740.
• Assist with the processing and review of the tax returns prepared by third-party preparers for 1120-REIT, 1120, 1065, state and consolidated returns. Maintain and update taxable income models for the various debt instruments including working with accounting, valuation team and third-party service providers
• Coordinate with internal accounting and business teams for ad-hoc requests
• Assist with state related compliance, including estimated payments, extensions, and notice responses
• Preparation of various tax forms (i.e., TRS, CTB elections and W9s)
The ideal candidate will have
• 2-4 years in public accounting, Big 4/CPA preferred.
• Experience with preparing and/or reviewing tax provisions
• Tax accounting for debt instruments experience preferred (such as agency RMBS, non-agency RMBS (REMICs))
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
• Team player with the ability to work independently and function in a support role
• Experience with tax and other financial modeling