Date published: 5-May-2020
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $43.5 billion(1) of assets under management as of December 31, 2019. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. As of December 31, 2019, we had approximately 864 asset management employees and 203 investment professionals, at our headquarters in New York and our affiliate offices around the globe.
About The Position
This position will assist the Operations team in allocating, accruing and processing invoices/expenses across the firm;reporting to management on overhead expenses. The ideal candidate will have some accounts payable and/or accounting / back-office operations experience. The candidate will also possess strong interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills. Additionally, to be successful, the right candidate must be a team player with strong customer service orientation.
• Responsible for daily invoice processing and proper invoice expense allocations
• Daily review of invoice approval process status & invoice payment status
• Work closely with IT/Facilities/HR management to determine the correct allocation of expenses within the appropriate entity, business and account
• Contributes to the monthly close process by reviewing accounting reconciliation reports to ensure invoices were processed or accruals were booked properly
• Assist in monthly accrual process
• Interact with Operations, Accounting & Infrastructure support and business managers
• Must be adaptable and willing to learn new systems
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-2 years of experience in AP, Accounting or back office operations
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially with Excel and Outlook are required
• Exemplary organization and time management skills along with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with Senior Management
• Self-motivation and ability to adapt to new systems
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.