Permanent Capital Vehicles
Date published: 19-Jun-2017
New Residential Investment Corp. (NYSE: NRZ) is a publicly traded real estate investment trust focused on opportunistically investing in, and actively managing, investments primarily related to residential real estate. The Company is managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC (“Fortress”), a global investment management firm.
In addition to its strong focus on investments in Mortgage Servicer Rights (MSRs), NRZ also invests in RMBS, mortgage loans, and other opportunistic investments. With access to the public capital markets, and the strong sponsorship of Fortress, NRZ expects to continue to grow via acquisition of financial assets as well. NRZ currently manages a portfolio of approximately $15 billion as of March 31, 2016.
As an operations analyst within the NRZ group, you will gain exposure to the economics of and operations of the investment products in the portfolio. You will be directly involved with the implementation of new operations infrastructure and will assist in the development and establishment of processes for the business. In working for a publicly listed REIT, you will assist with the preparation and analysis of required SEC filings.
The Operations Analyst will:
• Track, organize and report on outstanding repo/financing positions
• Work with the Front Office to manage upcoming repo rolls and new financing positions on new trades
• Analyze, compile and distribute Margin Calls across the business; RMBS Securities/TBAs/Interest Rate Swaps
• Track and reconcile daily Cash
• Process daily wires; Trade Settlement, Margin, Invoices
• Assist with managing intracompany liquidity
• Record new transactions via Front Office Trade Capture System
• Confirm Asset/Debt transactions with Counterparties and assist in the settling of these trades
• Maintain and monitor list of invoices received and help facilitate timely payment
• Assist with daily and monthly reconciliations
• Provide support to accounting/management for Financial Reporting
• Engage with Internal/External Auditors to provide necessary support for SOX compliance
The ideal candidate should have:
• A bachelor's degree in Economics/Finance.
• 2-4 years of experience in a similar role in financial services
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Poise to work closely with senior management
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.