Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
New Residential Investment Corp. (NYSE: NRZ) is a publicly traded real estate investment trust focused on opportunistically investing in, and actively managing, investments primarily related to residential real estate. The Company is managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC (“Fortress”), a global investment management firm.
In addition to its strong focus on investments in Mortgage Servicer Rights (MSRs), NRZ also invests in RMBS, mortgage loans, and other opportunistic investments. With access to the public capital markets, and the strong sponsorship of Fortress, NRZ expects to continue to grow via acquisition of financial assets as well. NRZ currently manages a portfolio of approximately $15 billion as of March 31, 2016.
To learn more about New Residential Investment Corp., visit the website at www.newresi.com.
As an Accountant or Senior Accountant within the NRZ group, you will gain exposure to the technical accounting and operations surrounding the financial products in the portfolio, such as RMBS, MSRs and Mortgage Loans. You will learn about the accounting requirements surrounding the acquisition of assets and accessing both the debt and equity capital markets.
You will be directly involved with the implementation of new accounting infrastructure and will assist in the development and establishment of processes for the business. In working for a publicly listed REIT, you will help with the financial reporting and data that is used to develop 10K, 10Q and other SEC required filings.
- Gain exposure to the accounting principles behind complex financial products, such as RMBS, MSRs and Mortgage Loans
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, footnotes and MD&A disclosures for the Company’s SEC filings
- Assist with the preparation of cash flow forecasts for the company
- Be responsible for timely closing of certain business unit ledgers
- Prepare monthly and quarterly business unit fluctuation analysis
- Prepare monthly internal financial reports for presentation to senior management
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statement certifications to lenders and other agencies
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency of accounting and reporting functions—as well as supporting computer systems, to ensure quality of data
- Assist in process improvement
- Maintain strong internal controls to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- At least 3-5 years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience in the financial services sector
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, as well as a CPA license
- Experience in GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in financial services
- Experience working within a publicly-held company
- Experience with fixed income financial instruments (i.e. mortgage –backed securities, residential mortgage loans) and mortgage servicing assets
- Expertise in use of finance computer applications and accounting spreadsheets, including financial instrument modeling
- Strong track record of delivering accurate, timely accounting information and reports
- Superior analytical, quantitative and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity and honesty
- Proven track record as a creative change agent
- Strong drive and initiative coupled with the ability to balance multiple tasks successfully