Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $39.2 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2019. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About The Position
This position will report to the Compensation Controller of Fortress (Corporate). This position will be responsible for the monthly close process/account reconciliation and analysis as it relates to certain compensation plans at the firm. This person will also assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures and foreign regulatory reports.
The ideal candidate will have a BS Degree (or equivalent) and 5 - 7 years public and private accounting experience. CPA is a plus. Prior Financial Services and compensation related experience is helpful.
• Monthly g/l close and preparation for internal reporting
• Prepare month-end accounting entries associated with compensation
• Working closely with auditors on a quarterly basis
• Working closely with our HR colleagues
• Close process (including booking a majority of the journal entries and reviewing others)
• Balance Sheet/P&L analysis
• Account reconciliation
• Assist with preparing financial statement support documentation
• Bright, quick learner, motivated
• Detail and technical oriented
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Extremely Strong Excel skills
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves
• Lawson experience is a big plus