Fortress is seeking an Analyst to support the Lender Finance business within the Credit Funds business. The Lender Finance team focuses on lending to specialty finance companies and the acquistion of consumer and small business assets. The team generally concentrates on non-mortgage consumer and small business lenders that don’t qualify for financing from commercial banks.
The Lender Finance Analyst will:
• Support the team in the identification and research of new investment opportunities while assisting in maintaining and monitoring portfolio investments
• Perform credit analysis, asset performance analysis and other data analytics, including pricing and comprehensive asset valuations
• Create asset-based financial models and develop and maintain group asset databases
• Perform comparative company analysis to determine structure and project investment returns
• Conduct detailed client and asset diligence
• Prepare internal information and investment memoranda
• Assist in the review of transaction-related documentation
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or a related field, and up to two years of related experience
• A background in investment banking, securitization banking, asset backed finance, asset backed securities portfolio management or asset based lending or relevant university course work.
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• A basic understanding of accounting, including capital structures and balance sheets
• An interest in working in New York