Date published: 21-Jul-2017
Fortress Investment Group, a leading global investment manager, is looking for an experienced and talented Systems Engineer to join a team in the IT Infrastructure division. The Systems Engineer will possess experience in the core technical skills required. The ideal candidate will have strong troubleshooting skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
The Systems Engineer will:
• Work with various teams to migrate systems to cloud based platforms.
• Assist with the firms cloud transformation project.
• Work with a team to maintain over 1000 servers globally in a 24x7 environment.
• Assist with the development, implementation and testing of the Disaster Recovery environment according to existing standards
• Formulate, project manage and execute various Infrastructure projects to meet business needs.
• Assist helpdesk and desktop support staff with research, resolutions and support as needed
• Evaluate current systems and recommend improvements from a technology and security standpoint.
• Research new methods for enhancing performance, reliability, optimization tuning and capacity planning
• Design and support Microsoft platform based solutions.
Core Technical Skills:
• Knowledge of public cloud technologies in a hybrid environment(AWS, Azure, etc)
• Enterprise messaging systems and technologies (Exchange, Active Sync etc)
• Experience with virtualization technologies (Vmware desirable)
• Virtual Desktop knowledge (Vmware Horizon, Citrix, Amazon Workspaces etc)
• MDM solutions (Airwatch desired)
• Citrix XenApp application solutions
• Active Directory and related technologies ( Sites, Replication, Kerberos, Group policy, DFS)
Additional Technical Skills:
• Experience implementing or migrating workloads to Public clouds desired.
• Experience with hardware server technologies, (HP C7000, Cisco UCS etc)
• Experience creating scripts for administrative purposes (PowerShell a plus)
• Knowledge of capacity planning and performance measurement techniques
• Knowledge of backup methodologies and procedures including cloud backup
• Technical knowledge of TCP/IP and network services such as DHCP and DNS
• Knowledge of common Microsoft Server products (i.e. SharePoint, IIS, SQL)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5 - 7 years of experience working as an Engineer in a high intensity environment; financial services experience/exposure preferred
• A college degree or equivalent certifications/work experience
• Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including on call rotation) according to business requirements
• Ability to organize and prioritize workflow to meet established timeframes
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Continuously update knowledge of new and emerging technologies
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.