Drive Shack is an entertainment company that combines golf, competition, dining, and fun. Drive Shack plans to open a chain of next-gen golf venues across the United States and internationally. Each Drive Shack venue, beginning with our inaugural facility in Orlando, will feature three stories of hitting suites where friends, family, co-workers or complete strangers can compete in a technologically-enhanced golf game. Those who want to enjoy but not play can spectate from one of Drive Shack’s bar/restaurant areas.
Drive Shack is hoping to become the go-to entertainment outlet for millions of non-golfers and golfers each year. As we develop and grow the Drive Shack brand, we are looking for a dynamic and passionate VP, Human Resources to create Drive Shack’s people-related processes, culture, recruiting, development, and retention efforts.
The VP, Human Resources must be a highly motivated, self-starter who is intellectually curious and thrives on diving into complex issues. Drive Shack is looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and adapts easily to rapid change.
- Lead full cycle recruitment across all divisions at the corporate level in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Provide proactive, data driven solutions to guide decision making and consult with Drive Shack’s leadership team to create a comprehensive people plan.
- Create and support programs to drive a culture of high performance, innovation, and fun.
- Establish SOX compliant payroll for corporate and site level employees.
- Supervise site level recruitment strategy, hiring, and training of a dynamic team of employees.
- Provide HR support and consultation to the business, answering employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items.
- Advise on performance management issues.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 7 years of experience in HR generalist and/or HR advisory work; business building experience a plus.
- Experience creating, implementing, and executing a HR strategy with a particular focus on recruiting and culture building expertise.
- Experience working within a public company a plus.
- Familiarity with state-level employment requirements a plus.
- Skilled communicator with a proactive attitude and strong ability to build relationships across the Company to drive organizational growth.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to move quickly, multi-task, make key decisions, and drive results.
- Versatile, enthusiastic, and energetic candidate who enjoys working in a flexible, fast-paced environment and has exceptional communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, team-oriented environment.