New Senior Investment Group (NYSE: SNR) is a $3 billion publicly traded real estate investment trust with a diversified portfolio of senior housing properties located across the United States. The company is managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC (“Fortress”), a leading highly diversified global investment management firm.
New Senior is looking to hire a Financial Analyst for its Asset Management team to assist with reporting and analysis of senior housing investments. Travel will be required in this position.
The Financial Analyst will:
• Support the Asset Management team by building out reports and running ad hoc analyses to understand portfolio performance and operations, primarily utilizing Excel
• Assist in setting monthly, quarterly and annual budgets based on portfolio operations
• Develop flexible financial models for Senior Management that summarize current and projected business performance
• Participate in long term strategic planning for investments
• Work collaboratively with Deal Teams, Accounting, Investor Relations, Corporate and Legal.
• Contribute to the development of processes and procedures for financial management and controls within the investment properties
• Conduct financial and business diligence (e.g. industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects)
The ideal candidate will have:
• 2-3 years of FP&A or corporate finance experience, real estate experience preferred.
• A bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics, with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and Power Point.
• Strong modeling skills, coupled with an understanding of financial reporting systems, procedures and controls.
• Ability to interact with various internal and external groups.
• Strong communication skills.
• The ability to travel (30% travel)
The successful candidate will be:
• Bright and flexible, with excellent analytical, strategic, and implementation skills
• Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
• Able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate
• Proactive and high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
• A strong individual as well as a team player, capable of building effective internal and external relationships through appealing personal skills
• Uncompromising with respect to quality in all regards