Fortress Investment Group is seeking a Financial Analyst within its Credit Funds business, to focus on Valuations. The Credit Funds manage approximately $17.7 billion AUM and focuses primarily in undervalued assets, distressed and illiquid credit investments across multiple industries. The associate will be exposed to real estate, corporate debt & securities, structured finance products, ABS, MBS and private equity investments.
• Assist in the monthly valuation of a diverse set of investments, including but not limited to asset backed securities, bonds, public and private loans, trade claims, private equities, real estate loans, rediscount loans, and derivatives.
• Coordinate the receipt of monthly valuations from pricing vendors, brokers and asset managers.
• Review quotes from brokers and pricing vendors and hold discussions with trading desk to monitor the reasonableness of quotes received.
• Review internal valuations with asset managers to understand movements in valuations.
• Assist in the on-going analysis of the portfolio by tracking significant events for each asset, reviewing valuation assumptions and cash flow projections.
• Compile valuations and supporting information and prepare summary packages to be reviewed by senior management and pricing committee.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably with a Valuation background or Credit Markets experience.
• Bright, quick learner, reliable, self-motivated
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg and Wall Street Office is preferred
• Background in cashflow modeling is a plus