Date published: 21-Feb-2019
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger and Dean Dakolias, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
The position will allow the candidate to have the benefits of working for an established investment management firm, while also being able to work on a private equity real estate fund from the ground up.
• Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual closings;
• Assist with the preparation of, and support for, the annual audit and any potential regulatory filings
• Prepare financial statements and related investor capital statements
• Ensure investment activity is properly booked in the GL
• Prepare supporting schedules for quarterly investor letters;
• Retrieve and compile relevant financial information for investor correspondence;
• Assist in the preparation of investor presentations and requests;
• Compile information for the preparation of tax returns;
• Assist in the review of deal models
• Assist in the ongoing management of the investments and cash flows for all Fund entities
• Manage the Fund cash flow and updates for senior management
• Assist the controllers with the preparation and distribution of periodic capital calls and distribution notices to investors
• Assist in a wide variety of projects as reasonably assigned
• Liaise with other Fortress offices
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• At least 2-4 years accounting experience, preferably in financial services
• Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of advanced features in Excel (e.g. Macros, V-look ups) a plus
• Experience with Private Equity Funds and Fixed Income products or assets with similar characteristics
• Working knowledge of Investran and Wall Street Office or Administrators a plus
• Strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail and prioritization capabilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills and successful experience working with a team
• Ability to think out of the box and be successful in managing a breadth of responsibilities beyond financial reporting
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.