Date published: 19-Apr-2017
Fortress Investment Group
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $43.6 billion of assets under management as December 31, 2017. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. As of December 31, 2017, we had 953 asset management employees, including 216 investment professionals, at our headquarters in New York and our affiliate offices around the globe.
NRZ Data Engineer
New Residential (NRZ), a dynamic, growing, public company Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) is looking to add a Data Engineer to their world-class technology team. The candidate should offer a combination of; strong analytic capabilities, proven database, ETL and data analytics expertise, and strong communication skills. He/she will help in shaping and expanding our large scale data analytics platform and portfolio management platform as well as support our front and middle-office teams in the analysis of large residential mortgage backed securities data sets.
Experience with fixed income/mortgage data/loans is needed. Previous REIT and/or Mortgage and/or Consumer Loan experience would be a big plus.
· 3+ years of T-SQL programming experience
· 2+ years of ETL experience
· Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 and component services --- SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
· 2+ years of hands on experience with Python
· REIT or Mortgage or Consumer loan experience a big plus
· Experience with credit card or other heavy transaction loading processed is a plus
· Experience with other ETL tools is also a plus
· Experience importing and exporting data from non-SQL data-sources such as Excel, and delimited flat files
· Candidate needs to have knowledge of SQL Server Databases standards, programing, and optimization techniques
· Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, etc.
· Experience writing data migration procedures
· Ability to work with business users to designing applications, for data mapping, data integration jobs, database design, data architecture (Staging, Data Mart, etc.)
· Implement business rules/calculations in stored procedures and functions
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.