Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger and Dean Dakolias, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world, including the RTC Workout and the Asian Financial Crisis. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
- Analyze real estate investment opportunities (equity and debt) within the Credit Fund business by building financial models
- Create one-page investment memoranda to summarize analytic findings for senior management
- Work with senior members of group to decide which investment opportunities should be sent to senior management for review based on analysis of deal and financials
- Work with the investment team to determine the structure of the investment
- Review legal documents with outside counsel and financial sponsor groups to ensure that financial terms, liabilities and representations are favorable to Fortress in order to close new investments
- Stay current on financial markets and competitive trends and use this expertise in the due diligence and evaluation process
- Underwrite and value real estate
- Participate in regular meetings with senior management on valuation and structure of the deals
- Perform property level Due Diligence and market studies
- At least one to three years of experience working in the real estate finance industry; preferably Real Estate Investment Banking
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top university with a GPA of at least 3.5
- Strong quantitative, written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Argus