< Back to job list
Date published: 28-Feb-2019
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About The Position
Fortress seeks an attorney to review and negotiate confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, service provider, vendor, and license agreements, and other commercial contracts. The position is based in Manhattan and reports to Fortress’ Chief Compliance Officer/Deputy General Counsel.
- Negotiating confidentiality agreements, financial advisory and other engagement letters in connection with various business transactions.
- Negotiating agreements with service providers, including software vendors, market data providers, appraisers, consultants, and accounting and law firms.
- Maintaining the firm-wide restricted trading list, evaluating the materiality of inbound non-public information and implementing necessary trading restrictions.
- A law degree with a strong academic record and admission to the New York State Bar
- 2-3 years of relevant legal experience
- Proven ability in multi-tasking, while working both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good Microsoft Word skills and proficiency with Bloomberg.
Send to a friend
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.