Date published: 4-Apr-2018
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $43.6 billion of assets under management as December 31, 2017. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. As of December 31, 2017, we had 953 asset management employees, including 216 investment professionals, at our headquarters in New York and our affiliate offices around the globe.
Fortress’s Human Resources department seeks a highly motivated and qualified Compensation and Data Analyst. The individual hired for this position will have exposure to a wide variety of compensation plans and HR System processes as well as exposure to initiatives within Human Resources. The successful candidate for this exciting opportunity must thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Provide analytical support for firm-wide compensation initiatives.
· Produce ad hoc analysis and modeling for compensation related projects.
· Participate in industry benchmarking surveys; perform independent analysis of internal and external benchmarking data to support compensation needs.
· Support the monthly bonus accrual process and work with the team to administer the year-end compensation process.
· Participate in the ongoing maintenance of compensation systems.
· Additional projects as assigned based on the needs of the department.
· Define and document functional requirements, which reflect business needs and liaise with technical staff.
· Complete business analysis, project management, and systems testing for HRIS related projects.
· Support initiatives and maintenance surrounding HR systems including working with internal users and technical staff.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 2-4 years of related work experience within HR consulting or financial services industry. Experience with McLagan benchmarking surveys considered a plus.
· Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft applications; strong understanding of Excel functions is critical (vlookups, sumifs, sumproduct).
· Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
· Strong interpersonal, communication (both oral and written), and consulting skills.
· Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment.
· Success developing and sustaining strong relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment; ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities.
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.